Eleanor Roosevelt:

The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

"I love you Sebastyn"

I had the best weekend this weekend, and the scariest weekend all at once. I went on an adventure.

My friend sheree and my Personal Trainer asked me to go camping with her, her partner and some friends and i thought yeah why not that would be cool!

So Saturday morning she was having a garage sale and I went around and helped her, that was an experience in itself! But it was fun and meet some lovely old people.

Then we headed off for Aireys Inlet, on the otherside of Torquay.

We stopped in Malmsbury on the way at the Bakery... Never again will i be going to that place!! Charging us for sitting down and eating and didn't even tell us that there was a surcharge until I told them that i think that we had been over charged.

Sheree was given the impression that we were a hop skip and jump away from the beach, so we were like sweet we can get up in the morning and go for a walk along the sand!! Mmmmm well men and impressions!! 2o minutes later out of aireys inlet in the middle of no where amongst some beautiful reserve, along dirt track, after a few turns we hit camp :)

I was so glad to just get there. It had been such a long trip but worth it :)

So I had a ride on the back of a motor bike which was awesome. I used to ride a farm bike when I was younger, which is a bit different to a dirt bike but it was good to get on one again. I think im hooked :)

Then some guys decided that they would go 4WD. and i was like sweet can i go can i go! Well i bloody hell wish i didn't go!! I seriously thought i was going to die! I have been 4WD driving before, but not at night and nothing like this! While we were gone it started raining and the tracks got wet and slippery and we didn't have any idea where we were, luckly Mark had a GPRS!!! We went up a track that was a dead end, then another that the 4WD couldn't even make it up!! So reversing down a hill that you coudln't see was pretty frightening, especially when you don't know where your going and don't know where you going to turn around! For me i hated not being able to see where we were going. I hate that, i was sitting in the back the whole time going "i love you sebastyn" and that the first thing i was going to do when we got back to camp was give sheree the biggest cuddle! Which I did

The next day Mark said to me that they went for a motorbike ride on the tracks that we drove up and he said that if he could of seen where we were going he wouldn't of gone! He said one of the tracks had a huge steep drop at the side!! Awwwwwwww was so glad to still be alive!! I definately got my work out for that hour. My heart rate i swear was going hundred miles an hour!!
An exerpience that i will never forgot and next time be bit more weary before i ask if i can go.

My first official day at work today, i don't go in until the afternoon. I have scripts that i should be practising, but i have been practising them all weekend and feel i know them pretty well!! Suppose i will find out when i go to work today and they test me.

Well off to have a shower and get ready for my big day.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

WOW. Sounds like a fun but frightening weekend. You sure are adventurous. Well done on you weight loss Ness. It's all going good for you - and that is fantastic :D

Hope you have a lovely day

The Candid Bandit said...

Sounds a bit airy scary. I'm all for fun, but not in dangerous circumstances like that.

Hope today was everything you hoped for!!!