Eleanor Roosevelt:

The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Deep & Meaningful

We have just done some new quotes for our walkbox at work and i was reading through them and there was one that just clicked with me and i had to share it.


Until today, you may have beeing waiting for someone to tell you something or give you something that would make you feel ok. Just for today give yourself permission to be ok with yourself. Accept that who you are and where you are is just right. Iyanta Vanzant


I read this quote and i cried. It really hit my heart with some issues that i have been trying to deal with. For so long i have been wanting a certain person in my life to tell me how proud they are of me, and that i have done a great job raising sebastyn and they are proud of my achievements and who i am today! and i read this quote and it hit me, I don't need there approval, because as long as i believe in my heart that i have done everything to the best of my ability thats all that should matter!


It would be nice to hear it from that person, but everything in life is balanced. Just because they don't tell me i hear it from other people, but i have not been acknowledging it because i have been thinking its not the same. Does that make sense.


So one quote has been a real eye opener for me and has put alot of things in perspective.


One that note i am going to leave you with this beautiful picture of Sebastyn doing cool dude. (wearing my beanie)

2 comments:

The Candid Bandit said...

*hug*

You are doing a great job with Seb.

I can see a wall of protection around you now. Compared to a few months ago when you were free, laughing all the time and cut your hair off.

Thanks so much for sharing this quote. You're right, accepting ourself first is the big step.

For what it's worth, I think you are amazing and I love you very much.

Chris H said...

Good for you, I am sure you are doing a fantastic job raising your wee man! It does not take validation from ANYONE to know in your heart that you are doing the very best for Seb. Keep it up chick.