Eleanor Roosevelt:

The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.

Friday, March 31, 2006

My patience bubble burst

So i have gone the last 3 nights without sleep.. and last nite my patience bubble burst! I know lil man can't help it that he is teething but to cry for 2 hours straight was the last straw for me! I broke down. There is nothing I could do and it was killing me that he was in so much pain. He is not a very good sleepa to start with, and not being well or teething just makes it worse. My poor brother he has been so patient with me and i felt so sorry for him last nite, because the poor bugger had to get up to go to work today! He said to me this morning that he was ready to grab his doona and go and sleep in his car!! :(

So im on a mission this week to speak to my Maternal Nurse and see what options I have to help him sleep well and for me also to get a good nite sleep.... Even to have a 5 hour straight sleep will be a bonus!! If anyone has tips im open for suggestions :)

So all my family is coming up tomorrow and we are going to a park down the road from my bros flat and having a little get together for sebbie for his birthday! It will be exciting to see what everyone has got him!

Well My lil one is having a nap so i might have a snooze meself!

1 comment:

The Candid Bandit said...

The girls at mothers group SWEAR by some natural teething thing. About $12 but they reckon it is better than Bonjela. And it's 100% natural. I'll find out the name.

Perhaps rocking him in a quiet dark loungeroom with a warm bucket of water and a face washer would help. Dip the face washer in the water, wring out then cup to the side of his face that hurts. He is in pain, so obviously he may try to fight it.

Picture this, if it was happening to you, being wrapped in mum's arms as she craddled your 'boo boo's away with something warm and comforting on your face... it would be a nice added relief. Remember, he isn't getting any sleep either - he is in pain and needs his mummy to take away his pain (as frustrating as that is).

Too much use of Bonjela can numb their little throats and this can be known as a choking risk (they can't feel if they get something stuck)

Alternatively, wet a few clean face washers and put them in the fridge. When he gets sooky, try singing him a song (distraction) and giving him the cold face washer to suck on.

Sorry CDB, my sister was told off big time about the brandy useage. I just found this quote on a teething website.."NEVER rub brandy or any other alcohol on baby’s gums because it is a very dangerous poison to infants"

Any pressure on his gums will counteract the pressure he feels of the teeth coming through. So if you're cuddling him, maybe a clean finger of yours may help?


You have the net at your fingertips, perhaps you can find a few things on there that would suit you?

Here is a terrific description of types of baby teething (did you know there were different stages?) Bradman had a bit of the 'angry episode today ... read it here. http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2260005.html

You know Mat, he wants as natural remedies as we can find, so Ive already been on the case :)

Hope this helps!